GM National Retiree Association | Over The Hill Car People. Com Forum Index GM National Retiree Association | Over The Hill Car People. Com
GM National Retiree Association | OTHCP - Dedicated To All GM Retired And Active Folks & The American OWNED Auto Industry - Established 2003

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10-19-04 GM: Syracuse Newsletter: Greetings from Skaneateles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GM National Retiree Association | Over The Hill Car People. Com Forum Index -> Syracuse GM, Greetings from Skaneateles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcskan52

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: 10-19-04 GM: Syracuse Newsletter: Greetings from Skaneateles Reply with quote

hi all,

the following newspaper article was sent to me today by one of the winners !!!

Mega winners: GM workers ride streak of luck
Stacey Shepard
Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Tom Carney's afraid someone might be after his job.

That's because Carney works on an engine assembly line that won the New York State Lottery's Mega Millions twice within two weeks.

Sixteen workers on the same line at the GM Powertrain Plant in the Town of Tonawanda were
winners in two second-place drawings for $175,000 each. The first was a group of six who won $19,628 each after taxes in the Sept. 28 drawing. The other group of 10 won $11,777 each in a drawing Oct. 8.

"I told everybody, 'Everyone's going to want to put in for our line,'" said Carney, a Grand Island resident who's worked at GM for 29 years.

Frank Crisalli Jr. was the luckiest of the bunch. He won in both drawings, netting
him almost $30,000 after taxes.
"I just couldn't believe it. I was shocked," Crisalli said.

Crisalli, who has worked at GM for almost 30 years, lives in Syracuse and
commutes home on the weekend. He said the money will help pay for a recent
addition to his house and will come in handy when he retires.

"I already spent half of mine," said Mary Funderburg from the group of 10 , who split her $11,0000 with coworker Sarah Miller.
Funderburg bought herself a $2,000 leather sofa that was on sale.

"I put the rest in the bank. I'll save it for when its cold outside and you've not no vacation left and want to take a day off from work" she said.
Carney said the group of six has pitched in $10 a week for about six months. A few weeks before hitting the second-place prize, the group won $150., which they put back into the pot for the next week.

He said the money couldn't have arrived at a better time. His daughter's tuition bill recently arrived in the mail.

Rick Kujawa is doing the same. He was visiting his son, a senior at Michigan State University, when his wife called to tell him the good news. Now, he and his wife will only have to pay about $300 toward his son's tuition.

"It costs quite a bit to send kids to college today, so t hat's what we're doing with the money," said Kajawa, who's worked 28 years for GM.
I'm, saving for a rainy day," But he's hoping the luck hasn't run out because he plans to keep playing
"We won't stop until we get the big one," he said.

Winners showed in the picture in today's Tonawanda newspaper were: Frank Crisalli, of Syracuse, Tom Carney of Grand Island, Gary Eades of North Tonawanda, Pete Culcasi of Grand Island, Jimmy Hartman of Tonawanda, Eddie Troutman of Buffalo, Todd St. Onge of Lockport, Roy McCloud of North Tonawanda, Willie Smith of Buffalo, Mary Funderburg and jim Kastings of Clarence.
Roy McCloud said his money is going right into the bank.

Ludie Jackson: his sister Lessie died 10-9-04.
Lessie B. Jackson   
October 9, 2004 Lessie B. Jackson, 79, of Syracuse, passed away peacefully Saturday. Born in Tuskegee, Alabama she was a resident of Syracuse for 60 years. Lessie retired from General Electric after 39 years. She was a member of the Bethany Baptist Church, the church choir and Circle 5. Her husband, Jessie Wright died in 2000 and her daughter, Verdell Harison in 1977. Survivors: Her son, Charlie W. (Doris) Jackson, Sr., of Syracuse; sister, Alma (Eddie) Heard of Louisville, KT; brothers, Ludie (Lucille) Jackson of Syracuse, NY, Curtis Jackson of Florence, AL, Harold (Rose) Jackson of Tampa, FL, and Clarence Jackson of Miami, FL; nine grandchildren; and ten great-grandchildren. Funeral services Friday 11 a.m. in Bethany Baptist Church, 149 Beattie St. Burial in Oakwood Cemetery. Calling hours Thursday 4 to 7 p.m. at the church.

Annie Jackson: her husband Roland died on 10-12-04

Roland Jackson Sr. he died on 10-12-04
Roland Joseph Jackson Sr.
October 12, 2004 Roland Joseph Jackson Sr., age 68, of Syracuse, went home to be with the Lord, Tuesday, October 12, 2004, at 8:40 p.m. after a brief illness. He was employed by General Motors and was a member of St. Anthony's Church. Surviving are his wife, Annie J. Jackson; his ex-wife, Jeanette Jackson; children, Roland J. Jackson Jr., Stephanie L. Jackson, Eric L. Jackson Sr., Renee J. Kufuor, Darren L. Jackson, Andree J. Rogers, Julius D. Edwards, son of Odessa Edwards, Patrick Jackson, son of Edna Ruth, Derek McCarthy, Carmen Starling; seven siblings, Mary Sanville, Marion Lobdell, Beverly Beard, Gloria Jones, Spencer Jackson, Larry Jackson, Ronnie Jackson; 26 grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; mother-in-law, Ola Addison; two sons-in-law; two daughters-in-law; a host of brothers-in-law; a host of sisters-in-law; and a host of nieces and nephews. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October 16, 2004, from noon to 3 p.m. at Southside Church of Christ, 1327 W. Colvin St., Syracuse, NY 13205, with Pastor Benjamin Sullivan officiating. Donations may be made to Upstate Medical University, Cancer and Children's Unit.

Marion & Jim Lobdell: her brother Roland Jackson Sr, died on October 12.

Carol McNeil: the following article appeared in the paper about my daughter
Company news
Tuesday, October 19, 2004
Kristy McNeil, of Skaneateles, joined the Cazenovia College intercollegiate athletics department as sports information director and athletics recruiting coordinator.

Mary & Al Sanville: her brother, Roland Jackson Sr died on October 12.

until next time..
take care.
carol
=================================
AOL has informed me that I must put this  disclaimer at the end of each of my Skaneateles Newsletters. 
Failure to do this, I guess they can fine me for violations  and / or  spamming.
What ever the hell that means:  

Disclaimer: 
please notify me if you do not wish to continue to receive my "Greetings from Skaneateles -  @
mcskan52@aol.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GM National Retiree Association | Over The Hill Car People. Com Forum Index -> Syracuse GM, Greetings from Skaneateles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: